It is that time of the year that all of us are looking forward to the beginning of a new year and what can we accomplish differently compared to the year of 2012. It creates the momentum to change habits, set high goals… very exciting!! It is the time to do something that most of us always wanted and were never able to accomplish… Set your Fitness Resolution and accomplish!
Health and Fitness is an item present in at least 85% of everyone’s list. Some of us would like to lose some pounds, some of us would like to gain some muscle and some of us would like to change eating habits… whatever is that you want to accomplish you will need a plan. Check out few tips for you to accomplish your fitness goals:
- Discipline: it is very important to set your mind on the reward of your fitness plan. Set short term goals such as 30 days at a time. This will definitely help to keep your mind in the game
- Fitness Activities: select cardio and strength and conditioning activities that you will have fun with it. The last thing you need is to get stuck with something that you don’t really enjoy doing it for the next year.
- Nutrition Plan: plan ahead the week, for example how many snacks you will have during the day and pack the right amount of food so you don’t end up eating of vending machines or fast-food places. Plan your meals accordingly to your fitness goals. It is always good to get advice from a nutritionist if you have the opportunity to do so. It is an investment that you are making for your best interest!
- Accountability: look for mates that have the same type of fitness goal and create an accountability circle, where everyone is held accountable to the rest of the team. As a matter fact, create your 2013 Resolution Team and go for it. It is very difficult to do things alone, at least most of the times!
- Perseverance: don’t quit!! As matter fact, the word quit has to vanish from your dictionary for the years to come. You can change activities, but never quit! When things start to get hard, shake up the routine and change things around. It is always helpful!
- Routine: Set up a routine where you can get enough sleep to have enough energy to do the tasks you are required to do the next day, and between work tasks, house tasks and fitness resolution tasks it can get pretty crazy!
New Year Resolutions are awesome if you actually complete them! As a word of encouragement, DO IT and don’t look back!!
For more information on how start your 2013 Fitness resolution click on Fitness Resolution