G3 Taekwondo Olympic team’s road to the 2016 USAT National TKD Championship starts on January 5th with our first training session of 2016 followed by our parents and athletes meeting scheduled to start 8:15 pm.
We have prepared an extensive training schedule for this season with extra hours of practice, including strength and conditioning sessions, local friendly school vs. school challenges, a series of local tournaments, State and National Championships. In addition, this year we will be participating on the AAU State Championship League and the 2016 Youth Pan American Championship in August!
During our parents and athlete’s meeting we will be discussing the training schedule, commitment and program guidelines, parents involvement, tournaments, trips to States, Nationals and Pan American Championships and possible Taekwondo Training Camps for the second semester of 2016.
Taekwondo Olympic Training – G3 Team
To prepare our G3 TKD athletes, the training sessions will focus on the following :
- Sparring techniques (attack and counter)
- Sparring time and strategy
- Single and combinations
- Tournament Tests
- School vs. school friendly challenges
- Physical and strength conditioning
- Leadership as an athlete
The times for the competition training are as followed:
- Tuesday and Thursday : 7 pm to 8:30 pm
- Saturdays : 8 am to 10:30am
- School vs. School friendly challenges will be hosted either at our school or at other schools on Saturdays 2 pm to 5 pm.
For additional information on G3 America Martial Arts’s competition training click on Taekwondo Olympic Margate